How It Began
- Rachael Ristau meets with Mayor Olsen to talk about the possibility of the construction of the project.
- FMG, Dal Pos Architects, Hueber-Breuer and O’Brien & Gere form a relationship and work with the Village of Fayetteville Board of Trustees to strengthen the project logistics.
- Begin to create community awareness through participating annually in the Fayetteville Festival, occupying an information table at Carousel Mall and media coverage provided by The Post Standard, News Channel 9, News Channel 10 and the Eagle Bulletin.
- FMG open a bank account at M&T Bank ready to rake in the funds!
- Officially start selling bricks!!
- The ball is really rolling in 2010 when the FMG Committee launches an epic fundraising campaign. Fundraisers included the Class of 2011 annual Car Wash and Bake Sale, Bottle and Can Drive, Wine and Cheese Tasting Event at Deckard’s Winery, Uno’s Doughraiser, a Bowl-A-Thon at Green Lakes Lanes, a luncheon at O’Shea’s Tavern, Coffee House held by Character Ed at Fayetteville-Manlius High School and an F-M District Wide Jeans Day held by NHS.
- Gaining more community presence by frequently speaking to local groups, walking in the Memorial Day Parade and being featured on the Bridge Street Show and 93Q Ted and Amy in the Morning.
- The fundraising campaign furthers as Quartier Printing, Dallas Graphics and Plan&Print Systems Inc. donate over 23,000 flyers!
- FMG kicks off the year with a Fifa Tournament at F-M High School followed by the Grow Our Garden Event held at the Craftsman Inn! With the supporting help of Gianelli Sausage, Onondaga Beverage and over 75 local companies the event was by far our biggest fundraiser raising over $15K! In addition we also held F-M for FMG at F-M High School, a Moe’s Fundraiser and the annual Carwash & Bake Sale.
- In June the FMG Project Breaks Ground!!!!!
- In a collaborative effort between Hueber-Breuer, O’Brien & Gere, Paragon Pavers, J.K. Tobin, Allied, J&J Landscaping, Landmasters and Cross Creek Nursery the vision is constructed from the ground up!
- October 22nd, 2011 the Fayetteville Memory Garden officially opens!
- Board of Directors is formed!
- Green Up the Garden: local garden clubs and community members work together to plant, mulch and put the finishing touches on for the Spring Opening
- First Annual Candle Light Vigil is held on site